Mobility in Construction
Is your Road to Success under Construction, Still???
Your construction or real estate company balances back office functions—billing, paying invoices, running financial reports, payroll, planning logistics, etc.—with the physical presence needed on the job site or in a client’s office. Just like you, the entire construction industry is well-known for its mobility of assets, materials and workers. Like other industries, construction is increasingly relying on real-time updates and the constant connectivity offered by mobility in construction solutions to improve operational efficiency. Today’s mobile apps for construction industry must be able to serve users like you in both work settings.
New technology that optimizes operations has been welcomed in the construction industry, but only when contractors know they will be able to see real improvements and a strong return on their investment. Flawless scheduling that properly coordinates all aspects of a construction project—making sure the plumber comes before the drywallers are expected, for instance—is vital to preventing cost and deadline overruns. When delays do happen, it’s equally important that the field manager is able to alert every group which could be affected in order to prevent a backup. Having constant access to information from the back office, no matter where you are, can help inform supervisors in the field and assist them as they manage construction projects in any location. Companies are looking to connect their mobile workforces and share information between anyone within the business almost instantly. The use of mobile phones in the construction industry is nothing new, and it has long been helpful for keeping a dispersed workforce up-to-date on the latest developments of a project. Keeping in contact with employees can be a challenge, particularly for construction firms running projects remotely. Establishing a mobile framework for staying in contact with a scattered employee base can help managers maintain productivity and keep track of top talent.
Some of the major benefits that mobility in construction industry:
- Better communication: Mobility in construction improves communication. Employees on a jobsite can share or exchange data and pictures easily with one another. Mobility keeps the field and the office employees connected. It keeps the whole staff updated with the latest project information and its workflow.
- Improve workflow with actual data: Apart from better communication, mobile solutions also offers better workflow analysis based on correct and latest data. Through mobile devices, you can access real time data. You can enter updated data in accounting and payroll system and view the overall performance of the company as well as the progress of each project.
- Save and transfer information: It is quite possible that if a contractor is working in remote job location where there is no coverage, then he will not receive updated information. Mobility also offers a facility to transfer, offline information to the contractor when he get online or back to coverage area.
Mobile apps for construction industry are capable to store data and transfer information to contractor ensuring that data is latest and correct.
- Increase productivity: Mobility solution improves efficiency of construction organizations. Using mobile solutions, workers become free from unwanted data entry work. They can work efficiently, save lot of time as well as give time to other work areas or activities.
- Integrating with existing systems: You can easily integrate mobile applications with existing industry’s systems like payroll, sales, logistics, and supply chain management. In the payroll, processing becomes easier and more efficient by integrating mobile time clock with payroll software. Mobile time clock helps construction industry to save time and allows employees to report immediately to the jobsite.
Using the business tools, smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, team members can capture onsite images, videos, and audios for communication and distribution between the office and field team members. They can manage and access project documents and communicate in a very effectiveway from any of the locations. They can also review documents and images, and share updates with project team members as well as manages the tasks and issues related to the project.
Typical construction applications-
This feature-rich platform is designed to enable you to assemble and deliver an optimum solution for a
range of applications including:
- Work management (job allocation and scheduling)
- GPS mapping and positioning
- Facility management solutions
There are proven results in the value of information mobility investments, with contractors reporting shorter schedules by 9%, project cost decreases of 10% and increases in project ROI of 2%,” says Harvey M. Bernstein, vice president of Industry Insights & Alliances at McGraw Hill Construction.