Why is Selenium Automation
With a number of applications being developed be it a – web or mobile based, it becomes important to ensure it is functioning properly. Today, we are in the world of technology which is dominated by the software powered machines and apps. For them to work continuously and smoothly, it needs to be tested and, run properly. The answer for the smooth functionality lies whether it is tested properly or not? Software testing as we all know is checking the quality of the software applications, before we release it finally. And, also the testing is applicable for web based apps too.
Types of Software Testing
The software testing is usually carried out by Quality Assurance (QA) personnel by writing specific lines of code usually called, test cases, which are executed manually using different types of attributes & datasets. It is time consuming and, also there are chances of human error which at times can be daunting.
The loophole or the major drawback of manual testing, gave birth to automation testing where in a tool is used for implementing the test cases, which ensures no manual interference at all.
- It is not accurate at time due to human error
- Time & resource consumption is high
- It is good when the test cases are run one or twice & frequent repetition is not needed
- It demands human observation, which is useful in case of improved customer experience
- The testing is more reliable as it is performed by tools
- Automated testing is executed by software tools, which is faster vs manual testing
- Automated testing is a practical and viable solution, when the cases are run over a long time
- This testing does not entail human observation and can be used many times as compared to manual testing programming language
Knowing that we speak of technical advancements and digital transformation, testing in a nutshell has always been very crucial and important.The most trending automation testing tool which we are referring to is – Selenium.
It is a free source automation testing tool that is used to automate the tests on web browsers. This would be apt to call Selenium as Selenium Suite since it is a collection of four different tools or components:
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Selenium Remote Control (RC)
- Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium Grid
languages that selenium supports
Advantages of using Selenium for testing
- This is an open-source automation testing tool which is free of cost to use
- It provides high tester flexibility to write advanced and complex test cases and, also supports test scripts written in C#, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, and Ruby.
- It also supports test case execution on multiple operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Android, Mac, and iOS and, supports testing on different web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer (IE), Opera, and Safari.
- Selenium supports parallel test execution.
- Selenium can be integrated with TestNG and JUnit to generate test reports and manage test cases and can also be integrated with Jenkins, Docker, and Maven to attain continuous testing.
We know how technology has been advancing and, with this we are also moving towards digital transformation. Having expertise with a strong team of Selenium developers, we can surely be of assistance to you for any queries related to Selenium Automation testing. Do drop in your query to email@example.com and we shall be able to help you with the same.