Embracing Mobile Technologies
Here are some interesting facts and figures:
- By 2017, 25 % of enterprises will have an enterprise app store. (Source: Gartner)
- Organizations that have already released internal apps say, that 27 % of their employees use the apps for easier access to corporate information from anywhere. 22 % of them mention that the collaboration among staff or project teams is facilitated (Source: GovLoop).
- More than 44 % of organizations already allow BYOD and another 18 % plan to move to BYOD by the end of 2013. All in all, over 60 % (Source: ZDNet)
- By 2015, four times as many mobile apps will be developed as traditional PC apps today (Source: Gartner).
- Up to 80 % of the time on mobile devices is spent inside apps while 50 % of mobile phone users use mobile as their primary Internet source (Source: Super Monitoring).
Steps for Building a Long-Term Mobile Strategy
2. Select the Right Mobile Environment: Understand the Benefits of Mobile Sites versus Mobile Applications
3. Prioritize Devices: Study Usage Patterns to Drive Platform Support
4. Design great experiences: Focus on delivering a customer experience that enables users to interact with your brand in new and exciting ways.
5. Decide Whether to Own or Outsource Technology: Research Approaches for Building Your Offering
6. Determine What Technology You Can Repurpose: Identify Web Technologies to Leverage in Mobile
7. Align Your Technology with Short- and Long-Term Goals: Build a Tiered Roadmap to Support Your Strategy
8. Make your strategy scalable. Your mobile strategy must be flexible, so allow and plan for rapid growth.
The building blocks of mobile strategy
The framework below explains these 3 building blocks of mobile strategy and how they interact with one another:
1. Maximize ROI and leverage your current enterprise technology, such as Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relations Management, etc.
2. Decrease integration requirements and effort
3. Reduce end-user training needs
4. Increase customer satisfaction through quicker response times and a personalized experience
5. Improve productivity and employee efficiency through accelerated responsiveness and accuracy
6. Improve quality and availability of information enterprise-wide.
See the big picture. We have the breadth and depth to spot trends early and leverage ideas from our global engagements
Decide on your direction with a look towards the complete business process transformation. This enables you to innovate faster, meet your current business needs and establish a secure foundation for the future